Saturday, April 7, 2012

Poem About Water

This is a poem I wrote about water a few years ago.  It reminded me of how important it is for us to build many more wells in Africa, insha Allah.


I am asked, “What’s your favorite drink?”
I don’t even stop to think.

The answer is very plain to see,
It’s the drink that strengthens you and me.

I simply love water!

Don’t think I’m silly, it’s very true,
If we didn’t have water, what would we do?

Really, without water what would life be?
Nothing at all because it’s needed by you and me

Water is special,
It’s very crucial

Something that helps me be strong
I could drink it all day long!

It also quenches my thirst,
Without water, I’d feel like I’d burst!

All foods need water to cook,
Just take a look in a cookbook!

In water is where I bathe and shower,
It seems to give me some kind of power.

Now I hope you realize
For me to love water is in fact very wise!
Oh, I simply love water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!